Freeride flat tail
Skis Size Guide
Find your size with our expert advice video:
As explained in our video guide above, choosing the right ski length depends on a mix of different factors. On a basic level, height, weight and ability should give you a good idea of what length of ski you should go for.
As a rule of thumb, start with a ski around nose to eyebrow level height.
If you are just starting out, or at an intermediate level, then we suggest that you take some length off. If you’re a more advanced/expert skier, then we suggest you should push your ski length towards your full height or even further. If you are heavier than the average weight for your size, feel free to add some ski length as well.
Ski Size Charts:
|Skier Height (cm)||Skier Height (Feet'Inches)||
Go towards the lower end of our suggested range if:
- You’re a beginner or an intermediate looking to progress quickly.
- You want to make even quicker, shorter turns more easily.
- You will spend most of your time on hard snow.
- You have a cool head and like to keep the revs down.
- You’re so tall, none of our skis are long enough for you.
Go towards the higher end of our suggested range if:
- You ski pedal to the metal
- You’re skiing fast and aggressively in off-piste conditions.
- You weigh more than average for your height
- You plan to do most of your skiing off-piste
- You want to look like a FWT athlete in the lift line
If you’re still unsure after reading this size guide, please get in touch with us on our live chat and we’ll be happy to find the right length for you!
|tip width (mm)||120||120||120|
|waist width (mm)||86||86||86|
|tail width (mm)||110||110||110|
|weight per ski (g)||1450||1550||1650|
The Faction Dancer 1X is primed for maximum fun on the pistes. The sustainably-sourced wood core and sprightly 86 mm waist width paired with two razor-thin sheets of titanal results in the ideal blend of trustworthy stability and ease of handling. From untouched corduroy in the early morning, to late-afternoon bumps in the sun, this ski makes light work of it all. Backed by the finest, most durable Austrian construction, powered 100% by renewable energy. The Dancer 1X features the same construction as the Dancer 1 with an alternate topsheet to celebrate women in skiing.
You'll love this ski if:
- You want to ski fast but under control
- You want a super-stable ski that can also rip in the bumps
- You want a ski that is easy to turn in all conditions
- You are skiing almost 100% on the piste