Location: Angel, London
Full Stack Supply Co (FSSC) is best known for our Faction Skis brand and The Faction Collective films which inspire millions of fans. For 2019-20 we have launched the award-winning FW Apparel, an outerwear brand focused on those who seek performance and understated style. We call it Gear for Alpine Living. In addition, FSSC holds the global license for Roxy Skis.
This role is based In the London, UK but works closely with the global team In Verbier, Innsbruck, Japan, Annecy and the US.
Reporting into the Head of Finance, the Financial Controller role is a pivotal role within the finance function and critical to the success of the business. The primary objective of the role is to ensure accuracy of all accounting, tax compliance and to ensure all financial controls and reconciliations are in place.
- Manage and develop the finance team of Accounts Payable (UK), Credit Control (CH), 2x part time finance assistants (US and CH). Monitoring and reviewing accuracy of ledger postings
- Deputising for the Head of Finance to ensure to cover in periods of absence
- Timely, accurate production and review of monthly group management accounts
- Preparation of monthly departmental P&L’s and providing analysis of departmental P&L’s to heads of departments and senior leadership with detailed commentary for variances to prior year and budget
- Investigate root cause of any adverse variances and be proactive in finding cost reductions
- Reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts at month end
- Organisation, preparation and review of annual statutory account preparation with auditors(June year-end)
- Co-ordinate all financial reporting across CA, US, JP and CH, setting all deadlines, ensuring all financial standards are adhered to and ensuring timely and consistent reporting
- First point of contact for all financial reporting queries
- Liaising with auditors on the year-end process
- Constant review and set up of internal controls and global compliance
- Running payroll for US, UK, CA, AT and CH working with external providers where in place
- Management of global pension schemes
- Responsible for Global TAX compliance across NL, UK, US, CA, JP and CH
- Cashflow forecasts (including preparation of consolidated forecast), providing real time view of cash flow position to exec team
- Management of daily/weekly cashflow and supplier queries driven by tight working capital requirements
- Prepare weekly payment runs and manual payments for review by Head of Finance
Planning and Analysis
- Work closely with Head of Finance in preparation of the quarterly reforecast and budget/plan presentations
- Manage and improve sales, margin and supply chain performance reporting
- Continued process and controls improvements, using technology to automate where possible
- Key admin for Odoo accounting software
- Project lead on new ERP Implementation planned in the next year
- Maximise benefits from recent Salesforce software Implementation
Key Attributes required
- Qualified accountant - minimum 3 years PQE
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Managing staff members and senior role managing all aspects of a finance function
- Retail or E-Commerce sector
- Stock reconciliation
- Working in small teams
- Fast-growth business or SME experience is key
- Solid foundation in month end process and being lead point of contact on annual audit
- Treasury Management and cashflow forecasting
- Global sales tax preferred
- Managing multi-currency and multi-site
- Change management in ERPs system and track record of taking the initiative to improve key systems
- Technology savvy and excel Intermediate level
- Interest In snowsports and outdoor activities
- Ready for the experience of a start-up where everyone matters all the time, not a comfortable corporate job
- Excited to work as part of a fun, dynamic, hardworking team
We believe that people are demanding more from their products - their skis, their clothes, everything they use. Not just marketing guff - quality craftsmanship, heart and soul we can relate to. And sharing it all with friends.
From a few skis in a run of 190 pairs back then, today our skis, jackets and films have won over 100 awards and more importantly we are shipping 24,000 skis in 2017-18 for riders in 35 countries.
Online, we work with personalities, with great stories and in doing so we hope to inspire everyone to get out and ride. We are obsessed with progression, making our products better each year, and so we invest in giving the best to our fans and retail partners.
As a result, our sales have grown an average of over 50% over the past five years. We believe that buyers' appetite for quality continues to grow and are working to earn that kind of growth rate for years to come.
We bring a commitment to growing our team both professionally and personally, as well. For those of us creating this little company with ambitions to excite fans everywhere, it's a dream job. It's also intense, with long hours on the road, in the workshop, online and on-snow. We operate with an ethos of trust, being different, taking responsibility, and we respect the Collective.
Head of Sales: North America - Denver
The Full Stack Supply Co seeks an experienced, driven Business Sales leader based in Denver, Colorado to grow and develop retail partner and direct sales for our brand portfolio across the USA and Canada.
Operations Manager - Denver
The Full Stack Supply Co seeks an experienced, bright and enthusiastic Operations Manager to join our team.
RPS Coordinator: International Markets - Verbier
The Full Stack Supply Co seeks an experienced, bright and enthusiastic Retail Partner Success Coordinator to join our team.
Business Analyst/Corporate Development Manager - LONDON
The Full Stack Supply Co (FSSC) seeks an experienced and proactive Business Analyst/ Corporate Development Manager to join our team.
Operations Lead - Japan
The Full Stack Supply Co is looking for a bright and enthusiastic Operations Lead to join our team.
Sales Manager - Switzerland
The Full Stack Supply Co seeks an experienced, driven Sales Manager to grow and develop our brand portfolio.